Thursday, August 19, 2010

An Interview with Kate Voigt, Human Rights USA Legal Intern

Kate Voigt is a third year at Boston College Law School. She plans to do public interest work in the immigration and human rights fields after she graduates in the Spring.

What brought you to Human Rights USA?

I head great things about their work from a friend at Boston College who had interned here. I was excited to work on litigation that dealt directly with human rights issues.

What have you learned here?

A ton! It’s been so informative to see how much work goes through the kinds of cases Human Rights USA handles. My work here has sharpened my research skills and given me great background in the different ways to advocate on behalf of trafficking victims. My time here has definitely reaffirmed my desire to do public interest work after law school.

Have you had any particularly touching experience while working with Human Rights USA?

I was able to meet Anthony Chai in June after having worked on a few projects related to his case. It was encouraging to see how the short report I wrote on his situation made it easier for him to advocate on his behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment