Thursday, November 26, 2009

HRUSA Blogs from Liberia: "Bye Bye for Now"


My time in Liberia comes to an end today and I’ll be packing to leave this afternoon. I want to thank everyone who followed this blog - sharing the experience with you was a lot of fun and I look forward to talking with you next Monday. Before I go, I would also like to thank the many people who made this trip a smooth, successful experience. (I use initials where I thought that person might prefer not to be identified.)



  • John Hummel, Carter Center Director (and host extraordinaire)

  • Musu, David, and all of the talented staff at the Carter Center

  • “L” at JFK Hospital

  • Professor Rice for the helpful insights

  • Peter Chapman (Carter Center) and Fin Young (ABA) for the terrific legal research

  • Frederick Jayweh and ALLA for pre-travel information

  • Jennifer Hazen for helpful referrals and going out on the town in Monrovia

  • "G” for sanity-saving workouts

  • Ralph Bunche for the pre-travel advice and referrals
I sincerely appreciate how generous each of these people was with their time and/or resources in making this part of Human Rights USA’s work possible. So as I head to the airport, I’ll say to you and Monrovia what one of our clients always says to me, “Bye, bye for now!”

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment